As you would expect for a Theatre Company to continue for over forty years, there have been many dedicated volunteers.
The following people have been recognised over that time for their dedication and efforts by being made Life Members.
This page is in honour to that work and if you have any information to add, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrew Clark
Andrew was awarded this at the 2012 AGM.
He has been involved with Galleon since 2003 and has had his hand in the majority of the roles available including acting, directing and front of house duties. He has been the Treasurer since 2003.
- Max Bowden
Max has been associated with Galleon Theatre Group for over 25 years. During that time he has been involved with lighting, front of house, box office, treasurer, set design and construction, acting and stage manager.
He is still assisting with the sets, and front of house.
- The best set he worked on: Casablanket - making a window scene of Bagdad out of foam
- Funniest on stage memory: Betty died on stage, lights went down, and husband Stan did not pull the curtains. Stan yelled out "Stay dead Betty".
- Problems remembered: Power down and blocked toilets but the shows went on.
- Main new skill: He learnt to drink champagne.
- Comments: It is lots of fun, particularly the after show parties that were held in "the shed".
- John Bowey (deceased)
John was one of the founder members of the Galleon Thetare group, and was a member from 1968 - 1979.
to read more about John's experiences and memories refer to The Early Years
- Gloria Bowey
- Kym Clayton
Kym was awarded this at the 2009 AGM.
He has been involved with Galleon since 1999 and has had his hand in the majority of the roles available including acting and directing. He is currently the President.
- Bob Dicker
- Erica Dicker
- Betty Fairfield
- Stan Fairfield
- John Fitzpatrick (deceased)
- Kevin Hodgson
- Gene Prigent (deceased)